KD’s registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) was refused. KD approached Kings View seeking advice on appeal.

Kings View fitness to practise defence barrister, Catherine Stock, commenting on KD’s case, said:

“The focus of our advice was pragmatic and an emphasis on how to achieve the best outcome in the quickest and most cost-effective manner.”

With the assistance and advice from Kings View, KD was granted full HCPC registration.

“The client valued our client centred approach, and a successful outcome was achieved as the client was granted full registration” –  Ms Stock said.

KD, speaking at the conclusion of his case, said:

“I’ve been in contact with Kings View Chambers at a time when I had to choose between 3 options on how to proceed. They gave expert advice, clearly build on years of experience, and also personalized to my case.


“I particularly liked the human, kind approach, which reassured me in many ways. This meant I knew what to do again and had a good outcome.”

Disclaimer: This article is for guidance purposes only. Kings View Chambers accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any action taken, or not taken, in relation to this article. You should seek the appropriate legal advice having regard to your own particular circumstances.

Stephen McCaffrey

I am a HCPC Defence Barrister who has represented a large number of health and care professionals before the HCPC and other regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals. 

I can help with all matters relating to HCPC Fitness to Practise referrals issues including:

  • Applications for Registration
  • Registration Appeals
  • International Registration
  • Temporary Registration
  • Internal Disciplinary and Grievance
  • HCPC Referrals
  • Fitness to Practice Hearings
  • Conduct and Competence Hearings
  • Health Committee Hearings
  • Interim Orders Hearings
  • Preparation for hearings
  • Representation at hearings
  • Preparation of witness statements

We are expert HCPC Defence Barristers

Speak to an expert HCPC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.